2016 Suzuki DR650S
Traverse the terrain of your choice on the 2016 Suzuki DR650S. This dual-sport cycle is designed to conquer less than ideal conditions. The inverted cartridge front forks combine the best features of conventional and inverted designs to provide the smoothest riding experience possible, while the 644 cc engine gives you more than enough push to get up the hills or down the highways. Your riding conditions may change regularly, but the DR650S’s performance won’t.
- The compact and powerful 644cc, SOHC, four-stroke, air & oil-cooled, engine features the Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS). Piston-jet cooling and an engine oil cooler create consistent performance in a variety of conditions.
- The engine is tuned with an emphasis on performance in the low-to-mid RPM range, while a gear-driven counter balancer minimizes vibration for comfortable ride.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coated aluminum cylinder is used for durability, light weight and excellent heat dissipation.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI ignition system provides accurate spark timing for efficient combustion.
- A convenient electric starter (supplemented with a zero-maintenance automatic decompression system) provides easy, quick starting.
- Large MIKUNI 40mm (1.6 in) carburetor provides a smooth intake flow and quick throttle response.
- The stainless-steel exhaust system is light and corrosion-resistant, and is tuned specifically for strong low and midrange power.
- Easy-pull rack and pinion activated clutch proves precise operation and feel.
- A smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission is complemented by a sealed O-ring drive chain.
- A lightweight, compact, rigid semi-double cradle frame provides agile handling on and off road.
- Innovative, height-adjustable* front forks provide smooth and progressive action. Large diameter, thin-walled tubes reduce unsprung weight while maintaining high rigidity. (*Seat and suspension height is adjustable by your Suzuki Dealer using a Genuine Suzuki Accessory kit.)
- A link-type rear suspension with piggyback-style aluminum-body shock absorber provides stable performance. The height adjustable* shock features adjustable spring preload and compression damping to personalize the suspension for rider, load and terrain.
- Front and rear suspensions provides generous 260mm (10.2-inch) wheel travel for superb performance over rough terrain.
- Lightweight 290mm (11.4-inch) front floating disc brake with two-piston caliper and 240mm (9.4-inch) rear disc brake with two-piston caliper provide reliable stopping power.
- Aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes are standard and are built for durability and strength.
- The wheels are fitted with 90/90-21 front and 120/90-17 rear tires that offer excellent on and off road traction.
- Hollow-type wheel axles and an aluminum, beam-style swingarm reduce unsprung weight.
- A long, comfortable seat, aluminum footpegs and grab handles allow you to carry a passenger with ease.
- Powered by a lightweight and compact low-maintenance battery.
- A fully equipped lighting system comes with a bright 60/55W halogen headlight.
- Seat height may be lowered by 40mm (1.6 in) using a Genuine Suzuki Accessory kit. The kit includes a shorter side stand to match the chassis height adjustment.
- Other Genuine Suzuki Accessories include a low profile seat, cargo rack, skid plate and more.
- 12-month limited warranty
- Engine: 644cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 mm x 82.0 mm (3.93 in. x 3.23 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System: MIKUNI BST40, single carburetor
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID525V9, 110 links
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, single floating rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 90/90-21 M/C 54S, tube type
- Tires Rear: 120/90-17 M/C 64S, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13 L (3.4 US gal.) / 12 L (3.2 US gal.) California model
- Color: Solid Special White No.2 / Solid Iron Gray
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Headlight: 12V 60/55W (H4)
- Tail Light: 12V 21/5W
- Overall Length: 2255 mm (88.8 in.)
- Overall Width: 865 mm (34.1 in.)
- Overall Height: 1195 mm (47.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1490 mm (58.7 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 265 mm (10.4 in.)
- Seat Height: 885 mm (34.8 in.)
- Curb Weight: 166 kg (366 lb.)
- Warranty: 12-month, unlimited mileage, limited warranty
- Extensions: Extensions available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, OHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.93 x 3.23 in. (100.0 x 82.0 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- MIKUNI BST40, single carburetor
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, single floating rotor
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 90/90-21 M/C 54S, tube type
- Rear Tire
- 120/90-17 M/C 64S, tube type
- 58.7 in. (1490 mm)
- Seat Height
- 34.8 in. (885 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.4 US gal. (13 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 366 lb. (166 kg)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID525V9, 110 links
- Solid Special White No.2 / Solid Iron Gray
- 12-month, unlimited mileage, limited warranty